I’ve always been the “It’s not a sandwich if there’s no ham in it” kind of person, but the other day I run out of ham, so I took a chance and used the California Veggie Burger instead. And it blew my mind.
Anyone can put together a sandwich, but I want to write this recipe to show you this fantastic combo if you haven’t tried it. Also, just to showcase how easy it is to put together a homemade sandwich for a snack or breakfast, so the next time you want to grab some “bad snacks,” give this sandwich a try!
Two slices of whole wheat bread
Half a tomato
Half an avocado
Everything but the bagel sesame seasoning
One California Veggie Burger
One/half piece of a Cheddar cheese
1. Apply the avocado evenly to the bread (If you want a better flavor, try adding some lemon juice and cilantro to the avocado spread, but I’m being lazy here)
2. Add some milk, sugar, and salt to the egg before scrambling it. Don’t overcook the eggs and don’t flip it, so the egg stays fluffy. (Only if you like the raw yolk taste)
3. Heat both sides of the burger each for one minute then reheat one side for an extra minute, so it tastes a little bit of burned and crispy on one side and soft on the other.
4. Put the tomato, spinach, burger, and eggs on the bread, and sprinkle the seasoning.
5. Tear the cheese apart then add cheese inside the layers. Heat it for one more minute till the cheese melts.
6. Eat like a monster.
The whole process only takes up to 15 minutes, and it’s easier than putting together a Lego piece. Let me know if you like this combo!