Happy National Pancake Day!
In honor of this special day, I present you this easy protein pancake recipe with simple ingredients and steps that will only take 15 minutes.
People have misunderstandings about pancakes, and I’m here to change your mind! Pancakes are normally seen as unhealthy, or they will make you fat. People also think pancakes are difficult to make. Neither of these thoughts is correct. Homemade pancakes can be a nutrient-dense food that’s high in protein and carbs to fuel your muscle growth. It’s an easy and tasty meal for bulking and bodybuilding.
• One egg
• Protein powder (I use chocolate fudge because I like a chocolate flavor in everything)
• Birch Benders Protein Pancake Mix
• Frozen berries
• Maple syrup
• Salt (optional)
• Yogurt (optional)
1. Combine the protein shake, pancake mix, milk, and egg into a huge bowl. (The hardest part of making a pancake is to determine the proportion between mix and milk, so I use 1 cup of protein powder, 1.5 cups of pancake mix, and 1 cup of milk to make 5-6 pancakes.)
2. You can add salt to the mix if you want it to be sweeter (yes salt, not sugar)
3. Mix everything until the texture is smooth.
4. Add butter to the pan and let it melt for a second.
5. Pour the batter to the pan while the butter is still melting.
6. Flip once you see there are bubbles on one side.
7. To make the jam, melt the frozen berries in the pan, adding some milk and syrup, then turn to small fire.
8. Swirl the jam until it’s thick.
9. Top the pancake with the jam, some yogurt, and maple syrup.
10. Last step: demolish that pancake and get those carbs!
BTW, this is what I mean by the cup, I don’t have a cup so this scoop is my criteria.
Next time you think about getting a brunch, give this pancake a try. Pancakes are good for you emotionally and physically. Period.